Finding a way out of the Wilderness in the 21st Century

Thursday, October 28, 2004

So I just got back from the Wellstone movie, and I gotta say, it's as heartbreaking as it was two years and three days ago.

It was a great experience, and it changed my perspective on the memorial completely. I used to blame Rick Kahn for losing the race, losing the seat, and losing the Senate, but after taking a closer look at Paul and how he effected change, I can understand how Rick felt up there on stage at Williams Arena. Wellstone would not have faulted him. Rick's pleas, though awkward, were heartfelt.

I don't blame him anymore.

And it's a wonderful film. The elevator guys on Capitol Hill saying Paul was the only Senator who'd talk to them and treat them like they were people too? Totally cool. A highlight.

My eyes are a little red and puffy right now. Kinda like they were two years and three days ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home